Going out with our best friend is a highly recommended activity for everyone
Having a puppy is having great company. If you have one, the same thing happens to you as to me: when I read or watch TV, my dog snuggles up to my side and we enjoy a good time together. But, just as there are moments of relaxation, there are also moments to release energy.
All dogs need to go for a walk. This brings many benefits to them and to us too. It is a highly recommended activity for people (and dogs) of all ages. I’ll tell you why:
Benefits for your dog:
– You will educate him. From a puppy, he will know where to relieve himself and you will not have problems at home. Remember that you should always clean so that the streets and parks are kept clean.
– It will stay in shape. Puppies also suffer from obesity and different diseases related to it. By being more active, you will burn calories and exercise your joints, which will help you a lot in your adult life.
– You’ll be in better spirits. What dog does not like to walk? You just have to see how happy the puppies are when they know that it is time to leave the house.
– It will be more sociable. Dogs need to relate to their environment, otherwise, they can acquire phobias or behavior problems such as aggressiveness. On walks, dogs must meet other dogs and people. Also, feel different sounds and smells. Thus, they will be able to adapt to the world around them. It is important that they socialize with puppies.
– You will receive mental stimulation. It has been shown that many of the behavior problems of dogs are associated with a lack of mental stimulation. Going for walks and playing games is a great way to stimulate your mind. To reinforce the stimulation, each day he uses different toys and routes.
– Improves your concentration. The walk allows you to achieve a state of calm throughout the day. This will allow you to teach him things more easily and train him more quickly.
– Helps them release stress and control their anxiety and hyperactivity. Dogs can also suffer from stress for different reasons. All physical activities, including walks, will help you channel that pent-up energy and release it appropriately.
– The bond between you will be strengthened. One way to improve the emotional relationship between you and your dog is to have fun together. Thus, he will see you as his favorite person, with whom he feels happy and in whom he can trust.
Benefits for you:
– You will stay healthy. Walking, breathing fresh air, and being in contact with nature will help you maintain physical, mental, and spiritual health.
– You will strengthen your health. Walking with your dog will help you strengthen your bones, tone your muscles, and give you oxygen, which is beneficial for your heart and lungs. In addition, it helps to lower blood sugar levels and keep blood pressure under control, lower cholesterol, and reduce weight.
– Helps you free yourself from stress. Going out for a walk with your best friend will help you release tension, reduce anxiety, and disconnect from worries. If you have a decision to make, taking time to relax with your dog will also help. If the walk is done in broad daylight the benefit is double, since the sun activates vitamin D.
– Fight depression. Breathing fresh air and distracting yourself with your furry friend will make you forget about sadness and worries. It will lift your spirits!
– You will make new friends. Have you seen how many people hang out in the park with their dogs? If you arrive in a new neighborhood or if you are a bit shy, go where the dogs hang out with their owners. You will find people with common themes with whom you will surely meet often in the same places and little by little they will become friends.
In the beginning, to educate your puppy, it is recommended:
– Increase the time of walks gradually. It is important that you are the one who sets the pace and not your dog. So that he doesn’t pull on the leash and he walks you around.
– Let him sniff, satisfy his curiosity and interact with other dogs. This will make the rides more challenging and entertaining for him.
– Always take it out at the same time. This way you will create a habit and your dog will learn to wait quietly for the moment to walk.
– Bring their toys. Don’t forget the ball and the frisbee. You will both have so much fun!